Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Surgery is done!

Lana went in for surgery today at 9am and got home at about 5:30pm.
I saw her this evening and she looked great!!
The surgery went well and they'll get the pathology report back in a few days.
She said the pre-op was way worse than the actual surgery. 
Lots of poking, prodding, and squishing to locate the exact spot of the tumor.
But once they put her under, it was all good. :)
After the surgery, they put in a drain to drain out fluid and that will stay in for a week or so.
TT gets to help with changing that out and monitoring the fluid.  He's a good home nurse. ;)

Thank you again for your prayers and concern!  I know that my mom sure feels all the love that comes from each one of you!!

3 comments:

  1. I've been anxiously waiting to know how everything went. I am so glad it was successful. That Mom of yours is one tough cookie. I have had a prayer for her in my heart all day long. Keeping my fingers crossed and my prayers said while I wait to hear what the pathology report has to say. Please give your Mom a big hug from me. I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have appreciated being able to keep updated on Lana's inspirational journey from anywhere we have been in the last few months. She has been in our thoughts and prayers continually!!! We send hugs from Jamaica today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Lana! You're an amazing woman, and I'm so honored to know you. My prayers continue for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete